Below are Job Opportunities available at churches within the South District. Instructions and contact information will be listed with each position.
FUMC Texas City
The Ad-ministry Leader is responsible for coordinating and completing the administrative duties
that are vital to the work of ministry at First UMC. This leader will perform tasks as assigned and
empower a group of volunteers to complete the church’s administrative tasks.
1) Have formal training in administration or at least 3 years experience
2) Be familiar with word-processing, computer operation, and financial and membership
software such as Quicken, Logos, Publisher, Word, etc.
3) Have a working knowledge of general accounting principles and the parameters of best
4) Able to follow directions, take initiative, and lead others
5) Be detail-oriented
8:30am until 2:30pm, Tuesday and Thursday, unless otherwise directed by the pastor.
FUMC Texas City
The Music Leader is responsible for coordinating and implementing the music ministries that are
vital to the mission of First UMC. This leader will perform tasks as assigned and bring to light the
musical gifts of others in our church and neighborhood.
1) Have 1 year experience leading music in a church service or band
2) Be knowledgeable about and skilled in a variety of musical styles. Able to lead traditional
Methodist hymns, while also comfortable with contemporary music and instrumentation
3) Be comfortable supplying music individually, but ready to embrace and uplift the gifts of
others as often as possible
4) Preference given for those skilled in working with children. Our primary focus in ministry is
working with our elementary age neighbors and we would love to engage their musical gifts
at our Tuesday night program and/or in our Sunday service
5) Able to follow directions, take initiative, and lead others
Be present every Sunday for worship @ 11am. 1-2 hours of band/choir practice will be expected
regularly, but timing and regularity will be contingent on schedules and program development. Also,
leadership at one service for Holy Week (before Easter) and one for Christmas Eve is expected.
Office Administrator/Financial Assistant
Asbury is looking for a new team member with a heart for God, a love for God’s people, attention to detail, and the ability to keep confidences. Flexibility, the ability to pivot from one task to another quickly, and a welcoming disposition are all key.
Areas of Responsibility
Answer phone calls and direct caller to appropriate personnel and services.
Enter data into appropriate date base and computer systems
Maintain inventory of office supplies for church office and re-order as necessary
Work with vendors and oversee vendor contracts
Oversee weekly volunteers and assign appropriate duties
Keep membership roll up to date
Perform background checks
Maintain accounting of all office receipts and expenditures
Provide weekly deposit details
Code and direct all bills and reimbursements to third party billing company
Ensure confidentiality and security of all office files
Prepare weekly church bulletins
Schedule all events on church calendar and website calendar
Write and send out weekly church emails and social media updates
Assist with monthly newsletter
Prepare annual conference paperwork and end of year reports
Part time Administrative Assistant
Highlands United Methodist Church
For more information, contact Rev. John Seaton at (281) 426-3614.